Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Fantastic Master Felix Fawkes: Nine Months In/ Nine Months Out



The Fantastic Master Felix Fawkes:  Nine Months In/ Nine Months Out

by Felina Lune Kavi

Category:  Soul-of-Thought Revival
Journal:  Earth Mother
Date:  10-1-2015

This is a week late, but I've been taking the time to reflect on the last 9 months of this year that our son has been learning and growing in this world, and the 9 months last year that he had been learning and growing in the world within me while we lived, learned, and grew on the outside.  A lot has changed with the many moons since Felix came into our lives. And since I have spent nearly all of the past 18 months with him, I can tell you (as close to his perspective as one is able to perceive) his journey thus far.

At first, life was warm and watery.  Then I started to hear a lot of ruckus outside of the womb…though sometimes the noises softened and I could hear music, singing, laughing, or make out different voices talking to me.  These people were as fascinating as they were noisy.  I wanted to be noisy too.  I wanted to meet them and learn their language.  I also wanted to teach them a thing or two about noise and silence, I could already tell the difference.  Since I had some time to prepare my own lessons, I kicked around a lot and made myself comfortable. 

Soon enough, I was grown and I decided the end of the Taurus Moon was a good time to make my move from that cozy little nook inside Mama to the home inside the larger universe.  Mama was right about the moon, just as she guessed the exact day my sister was born because of an already apparent Pisces influence in their connection.  She’s good at guessing the right moon for a birth…though I was still able to surprise them all on the birth date.  I thought it would be fitting for a new beginning to coincide with the first day of the year, and I like to make things a little later than expected.  On day one of the year, it would help them out as far as tracking my months to come.  I could tell both of my parents would appreciate the easy math. 

In my first months, I learned how to mimic my family by smiling and babbling.  My neck grew strong quickly from nursing and I was looking around at everything and studying it every day as my eyesight got clearer.  I found the comfort of Mama’s singing, the gentle strength of Daddy’s big hands, and the sweet silliness of my sister’s antics to be very enjoyable.  I met lots of family and friends, all of them smiling and wanting to talk with me and hold me.  Life outside the womb was pretty awesome.  I took it all in and learned how to communicate with everyone in my own ways.

Watching them all, especially my furry siblings, made me want to get moving too.  I started rolling around and grabbing everything I could reach…putting it all in my mouth to see if it would fit or how it tasted. Soon enough, I was able to twist and turn myself all over the place.  Now, I’m able to do what they call ‘the army crawl’.  They seem happy about this, but I can tell Daddy is worried now about all of the possible worst-case scenarios that could happen now that I’m on the move.  He keeps bringing up ‘baby-proofing’.  That sounds like a challenge. 

Now that I am nine months old, I can say ‘Mama’ and ‘Dada’…though my first word was ‘waggle’ (I thought that would be a good one to make them laugh…after all, Alyrica’s first word was ‘Edna’).  I can’t quite say my sister’s name, so I just call her ‘Lala’.  In recent news, I just got my first tooth this week. It made them all very happy…but it made me pretty angry.  My mouth hurts a lot, so I scream about it sometimes so they all know it.  I’m a little over 15 pounds now…a little heavier than our oldest cat, Ani, but still lighter than our fat cats Zenya and Zephyr.  Our cats are funny.  I like to laugh at them when they move.  When I touch them, I make sure my hands are all slobbery first so I get as much fur on them as I can.

I’m great at sitting up by myself and I can stand with help.  Soon, I’ll surprise them all by walking but I’m not quite ready yet.  I like when my parents take me for walks.  I helped Daddy pick some peppers from our garden…and I picked a marigold for Mama.  Mama took me for a walk after the Fall Equinox and we picked up a bunch of fiery colored leaves.  I liked the crunchy feeling in my hand…and I crushed one into Mama’s chest so she got little leaf pieces down her shirt.  We stopped to touch a big tree on the way.  It was much taller than Daddy and I liked the feeling of the bark.  I really love being outside.  I’ve noticed that sometimes when I get fussy enough, they’ll take me outside.  I’m getting the hang of training them to get what I want.

So far, I’ve gathered that life is all about growing, learning, napping, moving from one place to the next, and making a bunch of noise while demanding quiet.   That about sums it up, right?  Mix in a whole lot of eating, drinking, and excreting waste from what you have eaten and drank…and I’m pretty sure I’m nailing it.

2 comments:

  1. Felina, this is quite awesome. Loved ever word and the pictures you painted with them.
    Vicky Urwiller

    ReplyDelete